Can Kisagun, Co-Founder of Enigma, a cutting edge protocol that allows for ‘secret contracts’, smart contracts that allow for the sharing of secrets that can be used to power collaborative machine learning, talks about his journey as a spin out MIT with his professor, and the challenges of bringing a token backed protocol to life from the US.
We go deep into the possibilities of allowing a new more collaborative data economy, to move away from data silos, on big Impact areas like health, in particular situations like Corona and discuss new possibilities in the governance and coordination of distributed systems.
- His journey to working on Enigma
- Translating general technical problems to real world problems
- Tradeoff of privacy vs usability
- Multiparty computation – optimising for scaling in a commercial environment
- Why Enigma took a hardware approach
- What on chain transactional privacy means for them
- Comparing the trust Enigma brings to Web 2 business models